MEMORIES

Since childhood I am passionate about natural science. I grew up in a village surrounded by forests with many different animals and plants where my parents were the accomplices of my discoveries, transmitting their passion for observing and understanding nature. When it came time to decide on my academic orientation, I did not hesitate at any time to specialize me in the field of Biotechnology.
Biotechnology is, as a traditional definition, “the technique that allows the application of biology to make a profit”. Actually, all applied biology can be defined as Biotechnology, placing its origin in the technique of making beer in ancient Mesopotamia. The new vaccines, treatments or stem cell gene therapy, are Biotechnology. Transgenic crops or production of insulin for diabetics, are Biotechnology. Currently, the development of new biotechnology, thanks to genetic engineering, is so great that it has come to be called “the science of the future”.
Traditionally, Biotechnology is divided in five colors, each one corresponding to an area of ​​application:
• Red Biotechnology, applied to medicine. Stem cells or gene therapy are clear examples of Red Biotechnology.
• White Biotechnology, applied to industry. This is the case of the production of insulin for diabetics.
• Green Biotechnology, applied to agriculture, as in the case of GM crops or new pest control systems.
• Gray Biotechnology, applied to environmental protection, a good example is the bacteria used to degrade oil.
• Blue Biotechnology, an obsolete term for marine applications of Biotechnology.
Biotechnology is an exciting universe that mixes in a surprising way mysteries and certitudes. Studying Biotechnology Grade I became aware of the importance of science and began to look around me in a different light… And very quickly I became passionate for Biotechnology! It cleared me the way to life and general scientific knowledge (Physics of biological processes, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry…) and then delving into some areas of biology (Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry …) and finally treating biotechnology issues (Agricultural Biotechnology, Applied Microbiology …).
During my career I had the opportunity to meet with renowned researchers and professionals who contributed to making me a professional excited by science.
Currently I have the good fortune to work in this field and I am very proud to have dedicated my career to several projects that will changed my life. It is a privilege to work on what you like and what you studied. Also, it is essential for me to continue increasing my creativity and improving my knowledge to follow the technological advances of science. Like many professionals of nowadays, leaving the routine and freshened up towards a new direction
Thank you
Tahakik rushi

Comments

Popular Posts