UPSAC 2020 Yo, I won the first, best paper prize! 😁

UPASC- 2020

Receiving best poster award



                           In the picture, I am with, Capt. Vikas Gupta, Dr I.N. Mukherjees, Dr P.K Singh,  Professor IAS BHU, &  Dr Trilochan Mahapatra, well-known biotechnologist and Plant Breeder and DG of ICAR, Delhi 


                   
5th UTTAR PRADESH AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE CONGRESS 2020  (UPASC-20) is UPCAR and Agricultural Research Council of India organised symposium (happened month of February, late post, because I just got the time to share).

The symposium was supported by five major agriculture institute in India which includes NABARD, International Potato Research Center, IARI, New Delhi, UPCAR, IAS BHU, Looking back, I feel like I have improved my presentation skills over time since I joined Masters. Before coming out of my home town, I used to think, "OMG, I am little stammer also not a Fluent English speaker, a guy from a small town, also I am just a master student while maximum participants pursuing their PhD in the respective subject in well known Institute and research centre in nationwide,  I am no way comparable to these Students who already from very decent background and no matter how hard I try but how can I compete against them"



Even though I am not a trained public speaker in my mother tongue. I attend many Conferences and such competition before in my UGs but that situation is much different. however, speaking in English, I was never that confident!

However, after coming at BHU, I have changed my perception. I have developed my confidence in presenting science, in English! I don't consider myself a pro-presenter, however here are certain things I follow while making slides for any presentation:

 

1) The audience - knowing the audience helps in the tailor-making introduction, to decide the extent of simplification required.

2) Time limit - to decide the amount of content.

3) The storyline or the flow: This includes deciding what goes first, second, third and so on. Choosing the important data that is required to support the story. i.e the most important finding. Definitely, it is impossible to present all the data you have!

4) Colour or theme: I prefer black text, white background and pink and green for text highlights. 

I think it is better to use multi colours.

5) Animations: I like using the "appear" animation in my slides as it helps in getting the focus to what I am talking as I click

6) Practice: No matter how much experienced you are, it is always best to practice. This helps in efficient time management and in adding or removing a few slides.

Hope this helps, is anything missing here? Add in the comments if any!

 


Comments

Popular Posts