The first year in Masters My BHU experience & long term goals....

Dear readers,
I apologize that I stopped writing since last year. I don't have any great excuse other than poor planning. It feels so good to write here, after a long (so long, in fact) gap. How are you all doing?
 I’m doing great, did you know, I have now joined M.Sc(Plant Biotechnology) at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. And, after 20 years of life under the warmth of my parent’s wings, I have finally managed to spread my own wings, out of the home.

BHU entrance gate ( Singhdwar)


Institute of Agricultural Sciences BHU
Yes, I have come out of my small city , to a big city – Varanasi, which is over 1800km long from my home city this number really obscures me sometimes It feels good in one way yes of course I am one of the 30k students currently enrolled in this majestic mini-city, an education hub harbouring brilliant minds and personalities every year, in every possible field of education that you can think of.
But the other? No! It’s not feeling so good the other way. After coming here, I have realized that I was away from the so much polluted world for 20 years. This place, because of tremendous religious events occur in this city the industrial development and kinds of stuff also takes part, city is polluted extremely, that Villages, towns –
you should cover your head, face, hands, foot, literally, all your body parts except eyes to keep you clean and safe from this, poisonous, dusty, dirty air! Ah, forgot, you should wear big coolers to protect your eyes too. Sometimes, it feels like there is not more than 10% of O2 in the air!
Rural areas are heavens to live in, but,I came running to this city to achieve something; to breathe some dirt; to experience how it feels real to be independent and motivated towards a goal; and, to go crazy; to study like I have never did; to feel, try and learn everything under the sky; to make a new episode of my life

Long term goals 

- I am left with exactly one year to certified with a CSIR NET & GATE exam.
- Publish the findings in peer-reviewed journals⁣⁣
- Train me to be a better researcher & teacher. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
⁣⁣ I am nervous and excited about this at the same time. After Masters, I am interested in Complete my Ph.D. first in Biotechnology I am planning to go for IARI or continue in BHU for this or else abroad.

continuing in academia with a focus over teaching (first) while also doing some research (second). There are many Ph.D. students who do not want to continue in academia by the end of Ph.D., some call academia a boring lifestyle, others call it toxic, and some others think they are not carved for it. ⁣⁣ However, I have a strong commitment to my long term goal of inspiring the youth and especially underrepresented communities through Science education. ⁣

Though becoming a professor is only a way to achieve this goal, I have not identified any other ways to achieve this goal, yet! I have personally seen education doing magic in empowering people! ⁣⁣

⁣I hope I continue to work towards my long term goal of inspiring and teaching the youth of my country and beyond. Ph.D. training is just a small first step towards a big dream of this small person in the picture


My goal is never-ending! The point is, my goal of inspiring and teaching will keep me going with a purpose till the end of my life, after all, it is all about the journey and how we perceive it, not about the end!⁣⁣
⁣⁣
What is your long term never-ending goal?


Comments

Vishal Kumar said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
rushi tahakik said…
Thanks for your kind words

Can you please provide more details
Vishal Kumar said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aalu said…
Uh ah! I just enjoyed your blog and also took a screenshot of some lines which are mindblowing.

Popular Posts