Whats Your Favorite Dish


Hi, I am  Cooking for my little one my cute one and love them lot and I love u also

SO what's your favorite dish ?

Everyone has his favorite dish like plants love urea  phosphorus and minerals my garden need manure for my garden

I'm a bit different; I never grow roses,lilies, sunflowers in my garden; But, just cute little microscopic flowers

microbes!!! Each and every person will have their own favorite dish.

Mine is Tandur and butter masala. What's your's?

What do these little cells require for growing well? 
But, what do my microbes need? What's their favorite?
Got an answer!!! Got an answer!

They love Agar!!! Starting with basics of preparing nutrient agar in my lab tomorrow.
I use to ask some questions to my professor and some i search online

Oooooo... My microbes are nonveggy. They love beef extracts, so i must add some to my nutrient agar!

Got some questions :

1) At what temperature does agar liquefy and solidify???

        It's very simple to answer this,
Solidifies at 32 to 40 degree C.
Liquefies at 80 degree C.

2) What role does agar serve as a nutrient ???

         Most microbes can't destroy and feed up agar, it just gives a background for holding the nutrients and the microbes. They give support to the cell wall of certain algae! It's a polymer made of galactose units.

3) Why agar instead of gelatin ?

Gelatin liquefies at even less temperature in the range of 35 to 40 degree C. But, Agar melts at 80 degree Moreover, only few microbes can degrade it , hence it can provide a better solid surface for growing microbes.

4) Nutrient agar for my microbes with contents like :

Glucose ---> Provides carbon                    source.
  Peptone ---> Gives protein
  Beef extract ---> aminoacids, sugars, inorganic salts
  Nacl ---> For maintaining osmotic pressure.
  
  NaCl is generally added to the nutrient media for maintaining the Osmotic pressure. Maintaining osmotic pressure is important, because, increase or decrease in the osmotic pressure leads to cell burst or death due to the effect of osmosis. So, maintaining the osmotic pressure is done by adding correct amount of NaCl. ( I learn this concept in last semester I like to relete science concept in various experiment)

Got tired out of typing and reading my notes and papers. ooov.. Gonna sleep.. good night!!!
will feed you tomorrow my little ones.!!! :P

Comments

Popular Posts